Experience This is Life Family Wellness Emporium. Let go of everyday life, reconnect with your health, your family and be your best self.

INSTAGRAM
Image Alt

Chiropractic

Chiro page1 800×600

What is Chiropractic?

A safe, gentle and effective way of relieving pain and improving your overall health and wellbeing. Chiropractic care is the third largest health care system in the world, which is a very good indication of the positive impact that it has on countless lives.

The principle of Chiropractic care is to unleash the innate ability your body has to self regulate and heal itself. Dr. Ashley’s job is to ensure your spine and nervous system is working optimally, because your nervous system is the master controller of your entire body. A nervous system free of interference allows your brain to send and receive vital messages to and from your body.

How do i know if i would benefit from seeing a chiropractor?

It is recommended that everyone have their spine and nervous system checked regularly for interference (known in the Chiropractic world as subluxations). Only 10% of your nervous system perceives pain, the other 90% is responsible for making your body function. It’s possible to have interference to your nervous system and feel no pain.

If pain is present, especially in the back or neck this usually indicates that subluxations are present and need to be corrected by a Chiropractor.

what is a subluxation?

Abnormal motion, with or without misalignment of a spinal bone is known as a vertebral subluxation. Subluxations are the silent destroyers of your health, because of the pressure they place on the delicate spinal joints and nerves. The weight of a 5 cent piece is enough pressure to shut down a spinal nerve by 40-60%.

what causes a subluxation?

Physical trauma such as motor accidents, falls or injuries. Repetitive traumas such as sitting for long periods, poor sleeping posture, incorrect lifting or poor posture can also cause subluxations. Chemical stresses such as poor diet, certain medications, alcohol, caffeine and pollution are also causative factors; as is sustained emotional stress. Even our day to day thought patterns can cause vertebral subluxations.

how are subluxations corrected?

Doctors of Chiropractic focus on your nervous system health and it’s association to the spine. Chiropractors are the only health professionals trained to locate and correct vertebral subluxations. Correction occurs via a Chiropractic adjustment and there are over 100 Chiropractic techniques used today. Dr Ashley uses a combination of techniques, special adjusting tables and an instrument known as an activation. He is highly regarded because of his thorough and personalised approach to care. He tailors his techniques to each individual patient and their needs on the day, he does not make the technique fit the patient. Treatment is safe, gentle and adaptive. Each of the techniques practiced at This Is Life are extremely effective in restoring normal joint movement, nerve function and spinal alignment.

why dr. ashley?

Ashley has been practicing for over 30 years and has a stellar reputation for providing both pain relief, injury rehabilitation and wellness care to patients of every age and state of health. He is highly regarded for his exceptional adjusting skills along with his intuitive and holistic approach to care. He is sought out by families from all over Melbourne because of his ability to promote wellness and tackle complex health issues that others cannot.

conditions we can help with

Neck, Back, Shoulder & Arm Pain
Numbness in Arm, Legs or Hands
Headaches and Migraines
Jaw / TMJ Dysfunction
Brachial Neuralgia
Shoulder Injuries
Sciatica and Pinched Nerves
Hip Pain
Neurological Pain
Fibromyalgia
Pre Natal Support
Post Pregnancy Care
Sports Injuries
Sports Performance Enhancement
Torticollis in Adults and Children

special offer: free spinal health check

Would you like to discover who Chiropractic can help you reach your health goals, eliminate your pain or rehabilitate your injury? Would you like to meet Dr. Ashley to learn more before attending an initial consultation and commencing the treatment process? Well guess what? We offer all new clients a FREE spinal health check.

This appointment allows Dr. Ashley to make a brief assessment, explain his findings and communicate they ways that Chiropractic care and This Is Life can help you achieve the good health you deserve. This offer is valid for every member of your family. To take him up on the offer, click the BOOK NOW button below or CALL US and we will make it happen.